- Sold July 48 put in /CL on May 15. Closed the trade on May 29 for a profit of $72.58. Click on the image below to view trade details.
- Sold an Aug 46/73.5 strangle in crude oil on June 1. Close the trade on June 8 for a profit of $155.16. Click on the image below to view trade details.
- Sold 2 x July 148/175 strangle in 30-year US treasuries on April 27. Adjusted the trade by selling 2 x July 163 calls on May 19 after being tested on the downside. Sold another 2x July 160 calls as a second adjustment on June 3 as a second adjustment. Closed all 4 legs on June 16 for a profit of $232.10. Click on the image below to view trade details.
- Sold an Aug 48/69 strangle in crude oil on June 15. Close the trade on June 22 for a profit of $115.16. Click on the image below to view trade details.
- Sold 2 x Aug 140/164 strangle in crude oil on June 1. Close the trade on June 22 for a profit of $37.94. Wanted to see how the markets were going to react in relation to the Greek debt crisis. Click on the image below to view trade details.
Original June short strangle (30.5 put, 62 call) opened on March 23.
– Adjusted by selling another put (43 strike) on April 16 during the large rally.
– Closed the 62 call for a loss on May 7 after that side was being tested. In hind sight if left alone would have expired worthless … of course hind sight being 20/20
– Both the puts (30.5, 43) expired worthless
Opened a short July 72 call on May 8 & closed it on May 15.
Trade details can be viewed by clicking the image below
/ZB Opening setup/trade (Jan 5, 2015)
BOT +1 IRON CONDOR /ZBH5 1/1000 MAR 15 /OZBH5 151/152/142/141 CALL/PUT @0”08
Debit = $125.00
Profit = $250 (credit collected from opening trade) – $125 = $125
Total commissions (opening & closing) = $18.00
Profit incl. commissions = 125 – 18 = $107.00
Short 1155 ITM PUT got assigned, Long 1150 ITM PUT got exercised
Net debit = $625
Short 1160,1170,1225 CALL & Long 1230 CALL expired worthless
Net credit = $500.00
Loss = $500 (net credit) – $625 (net debit) = -$125
Total commissions (opening & closing) = $27.88
Loss incl. commissions = -125.0 – 27.88 = -$152.88
Opening setup/trade (Jan 7, 2015)
Euro has moved a fair bit past the short strike of the condor. Selling a call to cut down the delta and recover some of the loss on the trade. Should have probably done started adjusting sooner.
SOLD -1 /6EH5 1/125000 FEB 15 /6EG5 1.17 CALL @.0013
Credit collected = $162.50 (excluding commissions)